Monday, April 12, 2010

testing...testing...123

Guess what?

I get to begin testing for my new kidney on Wednesday!! I got a call from Mayo Clinic on Friday while I was in musical rehearsal. I wasn't able to call them back until this morning, but when I did she said they have an opening for me to begin this Wednesday. I'm so excited! This means there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

The only down side is that the testing is going to take four days, which means I'll be out even more days from school. I don't have any more sick days left, so every day I'm gone is almost $100 out of my paycheck. It will all be worth it, but it's hard to take that kind of a hit every time I'm out for dialysis, or for this testing...

I feel really good about this. I know that it's the right thing for me to do. Now I just need to be patient. My nephrologist said the shortest time he's ever seen from testing to transplant is three months. I'm hoping to break that record...it would be nice to get it done right as soon as school is out so I can have the maximum time to heal before band camp starts up!

Anyway--good news! Thanks for all of your prayers and good wishes...they mean more to me than you know!

3 comments: