Thursday, September 11, 2008

Um...so...yeah...

My sister Lindsey is constantly reminding me that I need to update my blog. "I know, I know..." I always tell her. There just never seems to be enough hours in the day.

Amazingly, though, there's PLENTY of time for me to watch "Project Runway." Who knew?

Here's what a typical day consists of for me:

--Wake up at 5:30 a.m. to get myself and the kids ready for school. We need to leave by 6:45 to get to the high school by 7:00, as rehearsal starts each morning at 7:15.

--Between 7:00 and 7 :15, Gordon comes to the high school from work to pick up the kids and take them to school. We say quick family prayers in the morning in my office before they all leave.

--7:15 to 2:15 I'm teaching non-stop except for a 30-minute lunch break. I gave up my prep period this semester so that I could teach jazz band. It's not that bad, it just makes for a LONG day. Most days I'm here until at least 4:30, so that's a 9 1/2 hour day.

--Tuesday and Thursday Ian and Courtnie have football/cheer practice from 6:00-8:00. Wednesday they have gymnastics from 4:15-5:15.

--Last Friday was our first home game, which means that marching season is officially under way. Nights when we have home football games, I'm not home until 11:00 p.m.

--Ian and Courtnie had their first football game last Saturday, so that takes care of my Saturdays.

--Church is at 10:00 on Sundays.

Can I complain any more? When do I have time to think? When, I ask you???

On a positive note, I had a biopsy done on my renal mass on Monday and the radiologist called me yesterday with the results. The mass is benign, which really doesn't tell me much except that I don't have cancer. Can it turn into cancer? What exactly is it? Why is it there? These are the questions that haunt me. (Funnily enough, Courtnie said that the other day just out of the blue...we laughed so hard for about 15 minutes.)

On another random note, I'm starting to like Sarah Palin. Who knew? When I first heard who John McCain's running mate would be, I was TICKED!! What about Romney? I just knew that we'd (by "we" I mean the Republicans) would lose, as no one will vote for a woman. This was all before I got to hear her speak. She's a tough, smart woman (kinda like me) who is a working mom (kinda like me) and who's kids aren't perfect (kinda like mine.) It just makes it more personal to think that we have that much in common, at least, as I have absolutely NOTHING in common with any of the other political candidates from either political party. It makes it interesting, anyway...

We had a "Corn at the Cobbs" party last Friday for our ward at our house. I had a home game, so wasn't able to be there, but I heard it was a blast. I'll have to post pictures when I'm home. For some reason, my school computer won't let me access them.

Well, that's it. I've been thinking a lot of my brother, Bill for the past couple of days as we get closer to Hurricane Ike hitting the Texas coast. I'm sure he's prepared and will be fine, but just wanted him to know I'm thinking about him.

Love to all! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for one sister nagging another, if I had to read ONE more time that you realize it's been a while...

Fun to hear of your goings on! Post more often dangit, you are a way fast typer and we all love to read it--especially since you never call anymore...

LivingstonClan said...

Ok--I just typed a whole big thing, & dumb google messed up, and it's gone! Anyway--thanx for the post sista! I appreciate the explaination of your buziness--you are one buzy lady for sure. But if anyone can do it, it's you. I am so nervous about Bill too, I stayed up last night thinking about it. I just google earth'ed Mont Belvieu, and looked at the projected path for Ike--he's in trouble! PRAY!

Billy Bob Bambino Bombabious Baby the Third said...

So I just got internet back via an air card that fits on my computer. You can see my expereince in detail on my blog, which I update at least once a week. HA!!

I too look at your blog every day (sans hurricanes) and I enjoy reading about what's up with you. I prefer to read the ones that tell me more about what you are thinking and feeling rather than a schedule, but that's just me.

We did get hit directly by the hurricane. Youngshin and the kids were out of town, so I had to spend the evening and next several days with a guy from our ward who lives here in town. He was great, and at least I wasn't totally alone. I think I would have gone out of my mind... It was scary, I am not going to lie. But we made it and very little harm done (barely enough to even mention, compared to some people). I have never seen telephone poles snapped like toothpicks or matchsticks or whatever compound word signifies something easily snapped. It is awesome for me to think of the force required to do that...

We are still talking about Mexico. We will let you know. It is really close to Abbie and Elise's 8th birthday, which we were planning to travel to Utah for... (you know, the baptism and everything). So we'll have to see. Things are pretty tight right now. Maybe they'll be better by then.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. They really helped when I was huddled in my bed in the dark listening to the weird noises coming from my house in the 120 MPH winds...

I love ya!

billy