Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmastime is Here

Well, after that pity party...

We had a great Christmas. Gordon was so awesome--taking care of everything while I ordered him around from my throne/bed. I have the best husband a gal could ask for.

As much as I've been tired and sore this Christmas break, it's been a great excuse to stay home and hang with the family. I'm grateful for the time I've been able to spend with Ian and Courtnie. My favorite memory so far is snuggling with Courtnie and having a "totally movie day" last Saturday. It was great.

So, here's our present run-down:

Gordon--PJs, razor (hint-hint), Police DVD, sweatshirt, a yard (yes, a yard) of summer sausage
Amie--a new crock pot (Polly broke my last one), Seinfeld "Scene-It," a snuggly hoodie, an electric blanket (ahhh!) and PJs.
Ian--skateboard, "sky box" skate ramp, shirt, PJs, Cardinals calendar
Courtnie--IM-me, Littlest Pet Shop playset, shirt, PJs, Hannah Montana calendar
The kids also got a new trampoline.

We had brunch with Josh, Kassie and the kids and then went to their house for dinner...deep fried turkey--YUM! The best part was having them close enough to spend the holiday with them. We missed not going to Gordon's mom's this year...maybe for New Year's.

I'm just so happy that I got to have an amazing turkey sandwich the next day--that made my Christmas! :)

Wish you all lived closer...we miss you!

2 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

Trust us--we wish we lived closer too! If for nothing but the deep fried Turkey!! Sounds like you guys had a good Christmas--guess this is your way of answering my message with out actually having to SPEAK to me huh?!! Miss you! See my comment on your lower post...

Billy Bob Bambino Bombabious Baby the Third said...

so PS I talked with Andy yesterday. I guess the location of the get-together has changed - are we meeting at Powell? Because THAT'S something we'd totally do. Let us know the withertos and whyfors and everything... By the way, what happened with mom's sewing machine? I have been SOOOO sick for the past week (I am finally getting better) but I left you a message (I think) that I am in for whatever... Let me know.