Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gobble Gobble

I'm not going to be able to go to Utah for Thanksgiving. I'm bummed.

I went for a follow-up to my previous follow-up on my stents, and they're worse. (Funny how I knew that two months ago!!)

The doctor isn't sure until he gets in to my aorta why this is happening. Two possible reasons:
1. My aorta is squeezing the heck out of the stent because it just keeps hardening
2. The stent is getting gunked up. (This happens with stents about 25% of the time.)

It could also be a combination of the two.

Tuesday I'm going to go to the Arizona Heart Hospital (again) and have things checked out. Two possible outcomes:
1. Insert new stents
2. Roto-rooter these stents and do an angioplasty to open them up.

He's going to have to look at/fix both the stent in my aorta and in left renal artery as both showed blood flow at less than 50%. Fun, huh?

So--stent procedure Tuesday, hospital until Wednesday then at Gordon's mom's for Turkey Day. At least it will be warm! :)

3 comments:

owendavismusic said...

Mrs. Cobb!

I had no idea that you had a stent as well! I hope that everything goes well and you thoroughly enjoy Thanksgiving even with the lack of Utah.

Nate

Jeanette said...

You are in my prayers, I hope everything goes well. Sorry you don't get to come to Utah =0(

Bill Cobabe said...

We're praying for you, sis! Hang in there...