Friday, October 15, 2010

Testing, testing...part 2

I've had a great couple of weeks.  Not only am I starting to feel a little more human, but I've had two of the greatest women I know come to visit me and impact my life in ways they may never fully understand.

My Aunt Sarah came on October 7 to cook for my family and clean my house. I don't think my family has ever eaten so well.  She really spoiled them!  My house is gleaming...baseboards cleaned, floor mopped, even my fridge is cleaned out!  I'm so grateful.  As I said to her when I was dropping her off at the airport...some people come to your home and add a sweet spirit that really affects your family.  Sarah's presence did just that.  I'm so grateful not only for a clean house, but for the spirit she left in our home.  I sincerely hope that it lasts for a while.

My sister Michelle came in on October 10 to complete her testing as a potential kidney donor.  She never complained about the pain--even when she was giving blood or having an IV put in for her CT scan.  I forgot to warn her about the "interesting" sensation that the CT contrast gives you--sorry!  (It makes you feel like you've wet your pants.)  It was fun to just hang out, eat at good restaurants, and visit.  I'm really grateful for her selflessness.  She doesn't want anyone to know that she's doing this, because she doesn't like the "oh you're so great" attention, but she's really awesome. 

We find out Tuesday afternoon if we're good to go.  I forgot to mention that I got a call while I was in dialysis on October 7 that I'm completely cleared for transplant.  My HepB status is good, and my insurance has cleared me...so....we're all good to go.  If Michelle is approved, then all we need to do is schedule the surgery.  I can't wait!!

2 comments:

One Giant Fall Forward said...

Amie-

Words can't express how happy I am for you and your family. It just goes to show there really is a Father in Heaven who loves us dearly.

Kassie

PJP said...

wonderful news Amie!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! It sounds like you are entering a new chapter of your life and that things are going to turn around very soon for you! yahoo!!!