Monday, September 21, 2009

Promises fulfilled

I had a great day Saturday.

We woke up early (much to Courtnie's chagrin) and travelled to Camp Verde for Ian's last "off season" wrestling tournament. He did a great job. He's learning so much and is having a great time.

We then booked it home so that I could get ham in the oven for a funeral in the afternoon. (Note to family members: I DO NOT want ham and cheesy potatoes for my funeral. Pick something fun, like pizza.) I got to the church, hams in tow, to prepare for the funeral. The joys of being in the RS presidency. The family was very grateful, and all was well.

At 4:30, we had a BBQ at the church for a friend who was getting baptized. It was actually the husband of a friend. They have been married for ten years, and she has been patiently awaiting the day when he would make the decision to be baptized. To my knowledge, she hasn't pushed or badgered, she's just quietly hoped and prayed. He's such a good man...a wonderful husband and father, and it was so neat to see her prayers answered.

It affected me a lot, as it reminded me of another promise that was fulfilled when we sat in the Salt Lake temple and witnessed a special sealing. Gordon and I were promised that the Lord would take care of this person, and He has.

Both of these occasions bear testimony to me that the Lord knows each one of us and knows the righteous desires of our hearts. I am so grateful that He listens to our prayers and wants so much for us to be happy. I know that it's not always going to be easy, but it will always be worth it.

On another side note--I went to my first physical therapy session today. I can see already how it's going to help me so much. He said that the big problem is not necessarily my lower back but my pelvis and my hip flexors. They are so tight (from everything being so small and the overcompensation issues) that it's causing stress on just about everything in that area. He gave me some stretches to do and a shock therapy back massage (which was heavenly) and sent me on my way. It's going to be great... We'll see how I feel tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

LivingstonClan said...

Homemade pizza sounds appropriate for your funeral--or maybe Little Ceasars? lol. Glad the PT is going to help--you need A LOT of it! Love you sista. :0)