Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Amazing!

We had an exceptional practice tonight. It was our first evening practice, and our leadership team was dedicated 100% to demand perfection from the band.

It probably doesn't hurt too much that our first football game is this Friday. It's also amazing how kids seem to step it up when they know they're under the gun. We're going to perform the first two songs of our four song set Friday, and that's a record for us. (We usually only perform the first song at the first game.) I really want to have songs under our belt early this year so we're not panicked getting in to our first competition.

It also helped a lot to be able to use Josh's laptop tonight. I was able to review the animation of the drill and help students know which way to move. I can't believe that I've been teaching high school band for five years and I just now thought to get a laptop. It's going to make things so much easier!! **Thanks, Josh!**

I'm cooking pizza in the oven right now and it's dripping onto the oven floor. I hate that. Now the pizza will taste like burnt smoke. Oh well. Next time I'll do something different. :)

No comments: