Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blah-Blah-Blah-Blogging

So, I've basically decided that there are many different kinds of bloggers and blog entries.

Some write as if writing in a journal. They share their thoughts and feelings, not thinking of the outcome that those thoughts and feelings might have on those who may read them. (Or maybe they are, and want a reaction--I'm not sure.) Its funny to me how often people who write these kinds of blogs are shocked and surprised when they get a reaction--be it good, bad, indifferent, or just downright ugly. When you post something for the public to read, you need to expect that some members of the public will read it.

There are others who write fun stuff for families and friends to share as a sort of "online scrapbook." They share pictures of their families and funny/cute anecdotes about them. My sisters do this well. It's fun to read about the lives of their kids--especially when I live so far away.

I blog for a reaction. I get a kick out of knowing that people are reading my thoughts and care about what I have to say. I have always enjoyed the written word--one might say reading and writing are two of my greatest joys. I love sharing my day-to-day joys and sorrows, my kid's accomplishments and feats. I don't post as often as I should, but that's because life gets in the way too often.

I also have a journal that I keep. In there I write things for me only. Someday my kids and grandkids might enjoy reading what I've written, but for right now, I like to keep those thoughts to myself. Those are thoughts that are deeply personal to me, and I don't want a "reaction" from them.

Someone recently said that I have an unhappy life. Quite the contrary is true. (How could this person know these things when I've spent less than 2 hours with them in the last 10 years?) My dad and grandparents were just here and told me that I looked happier than I've ever been. People I know only casually stop me to tell me how good, happy and content I look. This is the true statement. I am so fulfilled in my life--I have an amazing husband who is my best friend and #1 fan. I have two great kids who are as different as night and day, but who both bring so much joy to my life. Being a mother to them has meant more to me than anything. I relish the time we share together. If my son is a "brat," it is something we are working on, and something YOU would know nothing about. Funny, yet again, how things are misconstrued.

I have THE most amazing job in the world. I get to help students succeed, not only musically, but as people. Through music, they learn discipline and that hard work yields great rewards. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life.

Mostly, I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He is my Savior and my Older Brother. I know that I can turn to Him in times of sorrow and confusion--such as what I'm feeling right now. I know that things will work out and that--in then end--answers will come to light. For now, I have to trust in Him and trust in myself. That's all I can do.

I love my family. Funny how this kind of garbage can bring us all closer together. Sorry that we have to go through all of this to get there sometimes. Just know that we'll always have each other. Lean on that.

No comments: