Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break and BlackBerries

This week was my spring break for me and my kiddies. Not much happened, which is just the way I like it. I felt kind of lousy for the first few days, so spent lazy days around the house. Ian and Courtnie had friends over, so all was good.

Sunday Ian passed the sacrament in our ward for the first time. He was all set to go, ready to pass the sacrament to the bishop first, when our stake president showed up. Ian wasn't prepared for that, and got all nervous and flustered. He did a great job--was so reverent and serious. I was a VERY proud mama! :)

Monday I had an MRI (follow-up) to make sure all is still good from my surgery last December. I went to the hospital to have this done, as I've sworn off going to the other "imaging" center in Prescott. (The radiologist there told me that my veins "suck," and also botched up my biopsy.)

So...I get to the hospital after drinking over 32 ounces of water to get my veins all pumped up, as I knew I'd need an IV. After calling in five separate people--from the ER nurse to the ICU nurse to find a vein, they finally found one on the 6th try. Not too shabby! By this time, however I my bladders issues were pressing, but I didn't want to disrupt the procedure, so I waited.

By the time they were about 3/4 of the way done, I was in so much pain from over-extending my bladder! I pressed the button and called for a "potty break." They all laughed and said they were wondering when I'd need to go--they'd been watching my bladder on the screen and said it looked VERY full. Nice of them to ask, huh? ;oP

Tuesday Ian and I had a shopping day at Costco. Is it just me, or do they send out those coupon books to lure you in and get you to buy things you wouldn't normally buy? Hmmm...

Wednesday=lazy movie day. Nice, nice, nice.

Thursday I went into school. Finished my lame 301 binder that was due at Christmas time and started working with my pit kids on the music for "Guys and Dolls." Can't WAIT to do this--one of my favorite musicals of all time, and the music is so great to play. I love doing musicals, as I get to work with my favorite kids for longer periods of time. We have a great time...

Today is my reading day. Gordon is taking the kids to see "Race to Witch Mountain" (or whatever "Witch Mountain" movie it is...) I'm really into my book right now and would rather stay home and read. Does that make me anti-social? (I'm reading "Helen of Troy," by the way...)

Last Friday I got my new phone--a BlackBerry Pearl. I've been wanting a smartphone for a while now, and bought one off of ebay. I love it, even though it frustrates me from time to time. Why do I keep getting random text messages that say n:m=1=1? Why? Luckily there are several "CrackBerry" forums that answer my questions.

I've already downloaded the Standard Works and Hymns to it, and have had fun saving new ringtones and typing in my calendar. I'm a geek, I know it...but I'm having fun.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

total geek, and so anti-social...hello you should have headed up here!

LivingstonClan said...

I had a few good laughs with this one--thanx! Cute about Ian and the Sacrament--I still cannot believe he is old enough for that. HILARIOUS about your bladder woes--that is pretty cruel of them to torture you like that. And I whole heartedly agree with you about the Costco coupons--but I love the ones for the things I DO usually buy. LOVE YOU sis!