Friday, March 27, 2009

Crabby Patty


I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I always wondered what that meant... Now I know.

Well, technically I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I woke up too early and then couldn't go back to sleep. Ian came in to my room about 3:00 a.m. and said he had a bad dream. He asked if he could get in bed with me. ARGH! I told him to go back to bed and try to go back to sleep. 30 minutes later, he's back. So I let him in... After that, no sleep.

He woke up about 5:30 and made himself breakfast. Too noisy--couldn't sleep.

I'm grouchy today because I didn't get enough sleep. It happens...

Why is it that I managed to go to school and be nice and polite to my students and other teachers, but then when I get with my family I turn into a grouch? Why do we take it out on the ones we love the most? This has always puzzled me. We should be the most Christlike and loving to those we live with, right? Yet, I'm a crabby mom to them when I'm tired.

I was informed this week that I have 30 minutes for music time this week, instead of my normal 15. I'm frantically looking for ideas and came across some great ones. I put a button on my blog page to one of the sites. Very cute ideas--not only for Primary but for other church organizations as well. I also found an about.com website that had a TON of ideas. I think I might use the Candyland game board to have them sing songs different ways (red=hum, purple=sing "la", etc.) We've learned five songs for the program thus far and this way we could review them without getting bored. Just a thought...

Ian has a wrestling tournament tomorrow. He's pretty excited. Hopefully more kids will be at it this time. Last tournament there were only three in his weight class. He took 2nd. :) Hey, a medal is a medal, right?

Gordon is having his Elder's Quorum presidency and their families over for dinner tomorrow night so I guess I should clean the house. It gets kind of messy during the week when we're all so busy. That's why Saturday is a special day!

Love to all...

1 comment:

LivingstonClan said...

You know--I always wonder that same wonder--I think it's because we feel the need to put up a front to the "outside world" and with our own family we let our guard down and show how we are really feeling. They can't run away--and they love us in spite of it all. In case no one tells you this--Primary Music Leader is one the the most influential callings--if you ask me! I cannot remember most of my teachers, but I remember my music leaders! I wish I could be in YOUR primary--I am sure you rock the cash box! You were peppy on the phone with me this morning, despite the left turn issue. Hope you get some sleep tonight, I hope to do the same. Love you!