Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Simple Pleasures

So, I'm a pretty simple person. I like simple things, have a simple little home and a simple two-kid family. I don't wear a lot of make-up or jewlery and don't drive a fancy car.

There are a few simple things that make me happy....

In no particular order:

Doritos and cottage cheese. I'm eating some right now. I prefer a fresh bag of Doritos and the Wal-Mart brand of cottage cheese.

Reality TV. I'll admit--I'm a junkie, and my "drug of choice" is reality TV. I love Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, The Biggest Loser, and Hell's Kitchen. I never miss an episode. (Thanks, DVR!) :)

ER. It's almost over and I feel like a part of me is dying. I've watched it for the past 15 years. I really hope it ends well...

Music. I like to think I'm fairly well-rounded when it comes to my music tastes. If there's a person playing a musical instrument or singing with some kind of talent, I'll listen. I absolutely dislike any "woman bashing" rap and Mormon pop. (HATE Mormon pop!)

Snuggling with my kids. This is my favorite part of any day. When Courtnie and I snuggle, I ask her, "Do you know what my favorite part of today is?" She answers, "Right now." I love that!

Talking with my students. I love getting to know them and hope I'm making the right kind of impression on them.

The gospel of Jesus Christ. It's the most simple, basic and wonderful thing in my life.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you forgot something...me...

Amie Cobb said...

I know, I know...

What was I THINKING!? :)

Limasa Family said...

I love love LOVE the Biggest Loser and American Idol, probably the best reality shows on TV!

And I love Cottage cheese, but have never tried it with Doritos. Were I allowed to eat Doritos I would give this a shot just for you!

I've never heard Mormon Pop but now I'm DYING to! Give me a band to look up!!

Amie Cobb said...

No Doritos? I'd rather die! :) You have to dip the Doritos in the cottage cheese. It's divine!

Mormon pop is just a type of music. I don't care for Mormons who use the church to make money and who talk about Christ with a "pop" feel to the music. I'm kind of a snob that way...

LivingstonClan said...

Get off your Mormon Pop soap box dork! ;) I am soo with you on the Doritos and Cottage (Tyler even more than me!) And I am super sad about ER--last week my DVR didn't record it for some reason--and I was so mad! Hello--don't they know it's the 2nd to last episode?!! Love you.

Billy Bob Bambino Bombabious Baby the Third said...

Why ruin a perfectly good Dorito by putting it in Clotted Cheese? Gross.

And I like Ryan Shupe... The Banjo Boy rocks. He's not officially mormon pop, though, is he... Not like Afterglow and Michael McClean and Peter Breinholt... I absolutely agree with people using the Spirit as a marketing tool. How awful is that?!?

LivingstonClan said...

What is the difference in the Peter Brienholts of the world, and The Mo Tab? They are providing us with good, wholesome LDS music to listen to, as opposed to a lot of the trash that is out there. And so what if they make a living out of it--they should! They are blessed with a talent, and they want to share it with others full time. If they didn't get paid for it, they wouldn't be able to put as much music out there. Y'all are just bitter because you can't do it! ;P

Billy Bob Bambino Bombabious Baby the Third said...

Sorry, Lindsey. But the MoTab doesn't make money - at least, not personally. My bishop (in our last ward, obviously) and his wife were in it and they never made a dime. That's what makes it so great - they sing from their heart and not for the dollar. The money they earn goes to buy those lovely outfits, more music, pay for tours, etc.

Amie Cobb said...

It's unfortunate to me when someone takes a really happy blog (like this one) and tries to post a negative comment.

I'm done with the negativity. I'm done thinking about it. Please stop.

As for the music commments, I guess it's all about taste. I'm kind of a music snob and don't care for the "mormon pop" that's out there. It's just taking Gospel principles and putting them in a pop style. It's just not what I consider reverent. (But, that's just me...)