Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gordon and the mighty horse

Today is Gordon's 42nd birthday. As we were driving today, he looked at me and said, "When you're 42, I hope you look this good." I love his sense of humor. (He was rubbing his "keg" as he said it.) ;)

We traveled to the Valley of the Sun today and (yet again) wondered why/how people can live there. It was 108 at 1:00! Too much!

We were able to get Gordon his favorite bean and cheese burrito from Elmer's, so it was a great day for him. We stopped in at his mom's for a bit and then went to Queen Creek to pick up Courtnie's new horse, Buddy.

Buddy has been around the block a few times. We think he's 35 years old, which is like 90 in human years. We don't know if he'll canter, or even trot, but he'll be fun for Courtnie to hang out with. It's amazing how quickly she's fallen in love with riding horses. Her teacher, Kaylee says she's a natural. I'm glad she's found something she enjoys. That's all we can hope for as parents.

I was texting my brother Alex today and giving him a hard time for going to Utah and not coming to see us in Arizona. He texted back and said he's on his way to come see us. I was just kidding him, but he's serious. He's probably close to Flagstaff right now. He's alone, and will have a long drive back, but it will be fun to see him for a bit. I'm still hoping he can hook me up with a cheap laptop. (He works at Best Buy.)

I slept really well last night and feel somewhat refreshed for the week ahead. I have a rehearsal tomorrow afternoon--that means I'll miss my Sunday nap, but I'll survive. I always do. :)

No comments: