Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm just a girl who can't say no...

I think I can blame my mom for this one...

I can't say no.

"Hey, Amie. Do you want to come and play in the the community college big band?"

Sure...it's only once a week, right?

"Hey, Amie. Do you want to be a part of the Prescott Jazz Summit?"

Sure...how much time can it take?

"Hey, Amie. Do you want to be in the band to back up Toni Tennille this weekend?"

Sure...it pays a little, too!

"Hey, Amie. Do you want to go and teach band to 100 kids per day? Be their teacher, counselor, advisor and part-time mother?"

Sure...I think I can do that.

"Hey, Amie. Will you be the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency?"

Sure...it will be tough to schedule things in during marching season, but we'll make it work.

"Hey, Amie. Can you be my mom?"

Sure...it's what I've always wanted.

I know, WHINE, WHINE, WHINE.

Someday maybe I'll learn to say, "No thanks, I'm just too busy right now."

On second thought, I probably won't.

2 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

You know, I am the same way. And I decided a long time ago I'd honestly rather be on this side of things than the alternative. I cannot imagine saying NO to everything that is asked of me. Plus, this way you have more reasons to complain! Love you sis. You do wear many hats, and you wear them WELL. :)

said...

Hey, Amie! You are a good gal! Love ya!