Monday, December 7, 2009

Random Thoughts for a Monday

It's raining/snowing--I'm calling it slushing right now. I had a concert with the community college big band I play with, but found out it was cancelled AFTER I drove there. NICE! They cancel things here for 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. On the one hand, I'm glad for the cancellations, as people here DO NOT know how to drive in snow. On the other hand, I was looking forward to playing tonight. (I had a few solos...)

Saturday Ian had a wrestling tournament. He is doing so well. He ended up taking 1st place in his weight class. This is something he's been gunning for since he's started wrestling, and I'm so proud that he's been able to accomplish this goal. He's a great kid, and so strong and athletic. He is amazing to me.

On the way to the wrestling tournament, my nose started bleeding. I get bloody noses occasionally--but haven't had one for several years. This nose bleed was scary because it would not stop. Every time I would try to take the tissue away to see if had stopped, it just kept dripping out. Gordon had me use some of the wrestler's "stop nosebleed stuff" and finally--one hour later--it stopped bleeding. This nose bleed lasted two hours. I'm sure it's a result of the Plavix and aspirin I'm taking, but it scared me a bit. I think I lost quite a bit of blood, because I didn't feel so hot after.

We had the Christmas parade in Prescott on Saturday as well. I really don't care for parades--don't see the point, but people like them, so whatever. :)

I have two concerts with my students this week. Orchestra, jazz band and percussion ensemble play tomorrow night and jazz band and concert band play Thursday night. I'm looking forward to them, but also looking forward to having them over with, too. It's a lot of stress!

I think I've decided that (unless the surgeon has a better suggestion) I'm going to have my aorta replaced this summer. I can't live like this anymore. My legs hurt so bad when I walk. I want to be healthy and in good shape, and I can't be either in this condition. I'm ready.

2 comments:

Bill and Valerie Cobabe said...

Well, Plavix can have bleeding as a side effect. Ask your Doctor if you should cut back on the dosage.

I think the surgery idea is the right one. Have your husband give you a blessing, and all will be well.

Ian is amazing. But then all my children and grandchildren are amazing. And thats a fact!

Love,

Dad

Amie Cobb said...

Dad,
I'm seeing my primary care doctor tomorrow, so I'll ask her. My blood pressure has been hovering around 160/100 for the past week or so, which isn't good. I'm not sure if everything is related or not.

I see the vascular surgeon next week. Meanwhile, my hands are covered in bruises from the Plavix. I look like I've been boxing or something.

I've had it in the back of my mind since my surgery that I need to ask for a blessing. I'm sure it's not a concidence that you bring it up.

Ian is amazing. When I grow up I want to be like him. :)

Love you...