Friday, March 26, 2010

Info About Being a Kidney Donor

So--a friend suggested that I post my blood type on my blog so that those interested in possibly getting screened as a kidney donor have that information.

I have A+ blood. (I wish that meant I was super smart...) ;) This means that you can only donate a kidney to me if you have A or O blood type. Evidently the + or - doesn't really make a difference. There are other tests that need to be done to determine if our tissue types match, and other criteria. Here's a really great website with some good info on being a kidney donor:

http://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingDonors/infoQA.cfm

I found it very helpful...glad this friend sent it my way.

On a funnier note...one of my friends has offered to donate a kidney to me. She's a devout Catholic, so she said if I used her kidney, I'd be part-Catholic. I told her that would be an honor...I've always found the Catholic religion to be beautiful. ;0)

Love to all,
Amie

3 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

Hey--we are matchies with blood type at least. Super excited to see you next week--so no getting sick or anything between now and then. That's an order! I will have to check out that link--love you. :)

said...

Ding, Ding, Ding! Another match. I knew we had a lot in common. :-) Ditto - I'll do some reading on the link you attached.

amuse said...

Wow I knew there was a reason why I liked you (jk) no there are many reasons. I am an A+ too the only one I ever got. God knew he better give me A+ blood because I wasn't getting one in school. LOL