Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coming out of the Fog

I had a really good night's sleep last night.  I don't think I got up even once to use the bathroom, and that's HUGE for me. 

I woke up this morning to take my kids to school and almost felt human.  It's a good feeling...one I'd like to have last a bit longer.  I really love my kids.  They help me stay grounded and give me a reason to keep plugging along.

After I went to dialysis yesterday, I went to see my primary care doctor.  Can I just tell you again how much I love her?  I just sat and cried to her and she just sat and listened, without judging, and completely understanding.  She is aware of everything I'm going through, and tells me how tough I am.  This was something I needed to hear desperately, as I'm not feeling so tough right now. 

She told me to seek out something that will give me a sense of purpose while I'm not working.  Maybe I need to pick up cross-stitching again, or get one of my friends to teach me to knit (again!)  I feel like if I could find something to occupy my time, I wouldn't feel so lonely and worthless. 

Oh--but I could also clean my house...there is that.  :)                        

3 comments:

PJP said...

No, don't clean your house!!! I liked how someone else said that their house isn't clean and they are not sick! ME TOO!! LOL! There's that saying "A clean house is the sign of a sick mind"..hee hee...Honestly though, does a clean house really matter? nah!! You should do something like knit or crochet or how about painting Amie?? Have you ever tried? Painting, Drawing, you could express your feelings via color and shapes. Well, good for you, sounds like you are doing better today! good for you! Hold onto that good feeling ok? ok! ps, Zoe tried to text you yesterday but got a strange message back. I hope you got it, she was sending her love and missing you! :-)

amuse said...

Scrapbooking it is a great past timer, you start and the next thing you know it has been hours. Don't worry about the house it will still be there when you are healthy.

Sarah Cobabe Thomas said...

Don't you dare clean your house, I'll have nothing to do when I come. Haven't you ever seen that episode of The Andy Griffith Show when aunt Bea leaves town and comes back all hurt because the house was clean and she felt she wasn't needed or missed? Stop being so self centered and think of me for once. hahaha.

I'm going to send you a link for this old school pocket advent calendar that my friend wants me to make her. If you want to make one, we can both work on that when I come.
http://inchmark.squarespace.com/inchmark/2008/12/2/advent-part-one.html

http://inchmark.squarespace.com/inchmark/2008/12/8/advent-part-two.html

I'm totally glad to hear you are also able to eat, so I can make some good food and you will care! Can you tell I am excited to come?