Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Exhaustion

At what point are you too tired to function?

I've been so tired lately and have been such a grouch.  I've been mean to my kids, my students, and my husband.  I know I'm supposed to be able to control my grouchiness, but I seem to have no control over it lately.  Everyone and everything annoys the crud out of me.

My favorite grouchy phrase to my students: "I'm going to kill you and eat your children."  Hopefully they know I'm just joking... (sort of)

When people ask me how I am, I tell them that I'm fine...just tired.  A typical response is, "Yeah, I'm tired, too."  Sometimes I want to scream at them that they have NO IDEA what tired feels like.  Other times, I just smile and say, "Well, I guess I don't have anything to complain about, then."  (Somewhat hoping that they'll catch the note of sarcasm in my voice.)

I want to sleep 24/7, and I think I could if given a chance.  Some days it's all I can do to roll out of bed at 5:30 in the morning.  I'm in bed by 8:00, and usually asleep by 8:30.  During the day I just want to sit and do nothing.  Even now, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate and I "zone out" quite often. 

My house is messy and I don't know what to do about it.  It's not pigsty messy, but the dishes are piling up, and by the time I get home, I'm too tired to stand, let alone do the dishes.  I hate that I have to ask Gordon to do everything...he's so busy with work, football and trying to find some time to sleep.

I need to find a way to get out of the funk.  I think that the antibiotics may be having some effect on my energy level, but I'm just not sure.  I just want to not be and look so tired all of the time. 

Boo-hoo! :)

1 comment:

PJP said...

Amie,
I don't know what to say but I wanted you to know I'm following you trials and tribulations and want to send you good health and energy. You are an amazing woman. Please don't be so hard on yourself ok?