Thursday, September 9, 2010

One Proud Wifey

Yesterday was my husband's first home game as a head coach of the freshmen football team.  He's had a blast coaching them thus far.  I was so proud to sit in the stands and watch him work.  He is patient, kind and gives all he has to those boys.  I hope they appreciate how much he sacrifices for them.

The game didn't go very well.  In fact, it was pretty darn miserable.  The offensive line couldn't protect the quarterback at all, and he was in a constant state of scramble.  This is especially hard for my husband because the offensive line is his "thing." 

When we got home, we sat and talked about it for a while.  One of the things I love most about my husband is his positive attitude.  He really doesn't get down.  He just takes a "well, we're going to have to work harder" kind of attitude.  I love this.

Gordon has been my hero, and I know he always will be.  He's not perfect, but neither am I...not by a long shot.  Together we make a pretty good team.

2 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

Aww--I totally just got teary eyed at that last statement! When Mike and I got engaged, I remember Gordon giving me a "talk," and he said something to the effect of "You will have days when he doesn't give 100%, and you will make up the difference. On the days when you don't give your 100%, he will. That's what makes it work." Great words of wisdom from my wise brother! (he's not an in-law. :)

Mary Cobabe said...

Amie,I always think of you as Gordon as being like two peas in a pod.You belong together. Love Grandma and Grandpa Cobabe