Thursday, September 30, 2010

Top of the Muffin to You!

It's time for a change, so here goes:

I'm going to try to be more grateful and more positive in my postings.  Who wants to read about a whiner?

I got a haircut and my hair colored yesterday afternoon.  I really like it.  It looked a little better last night than it does today, but it still looks better than it did.  I was WAY overdue for a salon appointment!!

This morning I woke up, took the kids to school and decided that I wanted muffins for breakfast.  I drove into Albertsons and purchased some muffin mix, orange juice, and Wheat Thins.  Once I got to the car, I decided that I was thirsty, so I opened the orange juice I bought (Simply Orange--with pineapple juice.)  I'd never purchased this brand of OJ before, so I was most pleasantly pleased when it hit my taste buds.  YUMMMMMY!  A taste explosion! 

Got home, made my muffins, and enjoyed them right out of the oven with a bit of butter on them.  Again--YUMMMMMY! 

So today, I'm grateful for food.  It's been a while since I've been able to really enjoy food, and this morning was a treat!  One good thing about being sick is that I really don't feel too guilty "treating" myself to yummy things. 

Yesterday--aside from getting my hair done--I was super busy.  I had a dentist appointment, a blood draw, shuttled kids around and (I'll confess) took a little nap.  Good news that I wasn't expecting to hear: NO CAVITIES!!  With all of the vomiting I've been doing the past 10 months, I thought for sure I'd have at least a few cavities.  Dentist said nope, and that everything looks really good.  This is even better news, as I needed dental clearance for my transplant. 

Another blessing yesterday--the dental clearance form asked for a panoramic x-ray, something my dentist can't do.  They called over to an orthodontist (who's in my ward) and they did the panoramic x-ray for me for free!  Love that!

Now--all I'm waiting on is my Hep B viral load to be low enough and Michelle's testing, which will take place in less than two weeks.  I'm really hoping we can get this done by the end of October!  I'm SOOOO ready!

Dialysis in two hours.  My nephrologist put me on yet another blood pressure med.  This makes five different kinds of blood pressure meds.  I take 16 pills a day...can you believe that?  I'm hoping that my blood pressure will be more under control during dialysis so I won't get so sick.  It's been hovering around 200/100 while I'm undergoing treatment.  Not too good.  It makes me scared that I'll have another seizure...that thought scares me more than anything right now.  I'll just keep hoping and praying...

By the way...another thing I'm SO grateful for:

Friends and family who read my blog and offer words of encouragement and strength.  You'll never know how deeply your words touch me and how they brighten my day.  I love you so much.

5 comments:

B. Perky said...

Wonderful post! One thing about feeling rotten is it makes one appreciate the good days.

Praying for more good days than bad.

LivingstonClan said...

Reading this made me want some muffin tops--thanx a LOT! Glad you are feeling better--in mroe ways than one. That is something I have admired about you through all of this CRAP, is your ability to stay positive. I can only imagine how hard it is, but if anyone can do it...LOVE YOU! P.S. Call me sometime. Now that you are a stay at home mom and all. :)

Jeanette said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4gAoozKrMg

Something for you today.

Praying that everything goes well and your transplant can occur soon.

PJP said...

You lifted my spirits Amie and I love reading your blog! Good for you!!! Thank you for being such an awesome person and an inspiration!!

One Giant Fall Forward said...

Thinking of you today! I think you are wonderful... :)