Friday, June 12, 2009

Football Widow

I knew it was inevitable. I knew it was just a matter of time.

I've become a football widow.

My husband is coaching football at our high school, and is having the time of his life. This makes me so happy. I am grateful that he has found a way to work with the youth and teach--two things he excels at.

He spent the entire day with them today. Practice/conditioning from 8:00-9:00, car wash from 10:00-2:00 and their Friday 7-on-7 game from 4:00-6:00. He came home tonight happy, tired, and very sunburned!

My hope is that I will be as supportive of him as he's been of me. He's never once complained about the hours I put in as a band director...never. I tend to complain a bit more. (I like to call it "murmuring." It sounds better.) I need to remember that he's been my #1 fan throughout my career, and I need to be his #1 fan in this endeavor. That's what a good marriage is all about.

It's going to take work from me, but I love him and want him to be happy. So it's worth it!

1 comment:

owendavismusic said...

You are so lucky to have a marriage like that Mrs.Cobb. I hope that the support systems works out on both ends. See ya soon.

Nate