Monday, June 22, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

So my boys are gone.

They left this morning at 6:30 for Scout camp. Gordon is the new Scoutmaster, so he's off with the boys for the week. They're in Greer, AZ for some horseback riding, fishing, and whatever else boys do at Scout camp. (It's one of those boy mysteries they don't tell girls about...) :)

I'd like to say that Courtnie and I have big plans, but we actually have a week full of stuff to do. Today we ran a ton of errands, tomorrow I have practice and a RS presidency meeting, Wednesday I'm (hopefully) getting my hair done and have a chiropractor appointment, Thursday I have to be at school in the afternoon for color guard practice.

Sometime during the week I have to...
--Get Courtnie's baptism dress made
--Practice and write a talk for Sunday's fireside
--Clean my house
--Get food preparations done for Saturday's lunch
--Plan meals for the weekend with the family
--Get programs printed for her baptism

I'm sure there's more. I'll get to it. One step at a time, right?

I'm so lucky to have an easy-going girl. She just rolls with the punches and is happy pretty much all of the time. I'm grateful for some girl time this week...I'm going to make the most of it, even if it's just hanging out while I'm at the sewing machine or putting on loud music while we clean the house together. We'll work it out, because we always do.

2 comments:

Bill Cobabe said...

Ummm. There's just no proper words to describe scout camp. At least, not in polite company. It's not a big secret - it's just difficult to describe without using words like fart and dookie a lot. So just take my word for it - it's a lot of fun for 12-13 year olds and those leaders blessed enough to go with them. If you survive, you are stronger and closer to being a man. If not, well, hey - it was a lot of fun while it lasted! ;-)

I hope you and Courtnie have lots of fun. I wish so very much that we could be there for the baptism - more than I could say. Dang me for moving so far away! I know - it's my fault. Sort of. You know how it is. It's not because I don't love you...

Youngshin is going out of town this weekend to a physical therapy conference. She'll be gone from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday late... So it's just me and the kids! Fun, huh? We don't have any big plans, either, but we're going to have a lot of fun! Let me know if you guys come up with anything fun and we'll steal the idea.

PEACE

billy

LivingstonClan said...

I think there should definitely be some toenail painting in their somewhere. We are all going to see her piggies this weekend--she need to look good! :) Super excited to see you in a few days!