Wednesday, June 3, 2009

O Remember, Remember

I loved this talk by Henry B. Eyring at our last conference. (Or was it two conferences ago?)

When we were first married, Gordon had me cross-stitch the word "remember," as he feels it's the most important word in the English language. I've pondered that word many times during the last 18 years, and I believe it to be true as well.

So...with that in mind, I'm beginning a new quest. I'm going to try my hardest to write a short, simple blog each day about recognizing the Lord's hand in the events of my day. Some days may be more profound than others, but the important thing is the remembering.

My day isn't over yet, but I'm going to write about my sister-in-law, Kassie. I am so grateful to have Cobabes close by! She has been gracious and kind to me, and is a great example of Christ-like living. She freely gives of herself and I appreciate that so much. We had a fun day yesterday hanging out with her kids and swimming. She is also a great photographer, and took some amazing photos of my daughter for her baptism announcements. They look AWESOME!

I am the type of person who KNOWS that everything happens for a reason. I know that the Lord sent Josh and Kassie to Prescott Valley, and I'm so grateful that He did. They have been so great to our family and I absolutely LOVE getting to know them and their cute kids better.

Thanks, Kassie! You're awesome! :)

4 comments:

Bill Cobabe said...

Hey, I want to come out and live there too! Find me a job and I'm there tomorrow!!! I am sure Youngshin would be able to easily find a job just about anywhere...

I agree that things happen for a reason, even if it's just being able to appreciate them when they're over! (I'm thinking about 8th grade, here...)

One Giant Fall Forward said...

Amie... I am so grateful to live close to you and to have you in my life. I am so grateful that my kids are experiencing having family close and what it feels like to be loved unconditionally by extended family on a regular basis. I also believe that it was not by chance that we ended up being stationed here. I believe that Heavenly Father gives us what we need to be happy and I am so grateful that I married Josh and gained many new Brothers and Sisters. Thank you Amie for this beautiful post... I think the world of you and your family and consider myself lucky to have such Great In-Laws... so great that I don't think that you qualify to have that label. Thanks for being the greatest big sister that I never had.

Love you tons,

Kassie

Bill and Valerie Cobabe said...

I have observed those same qualities in Kassie. Thank you for describing them so nicely. Josh is very fortunate.

Dad

LivingstonClan said...

You know, the most amazing thing about Kassie to me is that she is still married to JOSH! :) She is a great lady, and I am not even going to deny I am jealous you guys live so close to each other. I'm with Bill, find us work and we're there!