Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To My Beautiful Girl

My sweet Courtnie is going to be baptized this month. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday--literally--you were born. You came into this world a very special girl and just keep getting better every day.

I am grateful for our friendship. You have become my BFF, just as your dad promised you would in your blessing. I'm glad that promise has come true, and I hope our friendship will continue to grow in love and respect throughout your life.

You make me laugh every day, and you'll never know how much that means to me. You have so many talents and gifts that our Heavenly Father has blessed you with. You're only now beginning to see some of them, and I know that more will come out as you grow into a young woman. You are a sweet and loving person who cares very much for others. I love to watch you play with your cousins--you are patient and kind with them. I know that is the kind of mother you will be someday.

Courtnie, as you get baptized, I hope that you will remember that you are a Child of God and that He loves you very much. When times get tough--and they will get tough--I pray that the knowledge of your Father in Heaven will get you through.

I love you. You're one of the best things that's happened to me. Never forget that!

No comments: